Asus Eee 4G Surf 7" Micro Laptop PC (Intel Celeron Processor (800MHz), 512MB RAM, 4GB Hard Drive, Linux Preloaded) - Galaxy Black

Asus Eee 4G Surf 7"
This is exactly what I was looking for. More than a PDA but 1/4th the size of most laptops. Great for the web and editing documents on the road. The Linux OS is very easy to use and comes with lots of software. Unless you know Linux well it is hard to add additional software. I loaded XP with n lite (instructions on EEE PC user group) and it works great. I loaded all the software that I need while traveling and I have a portable USB HD if I need more space when I am home. If you don't care about size and weight then get a budget, full size laptop. If you have carried a regular laptop for a few hours, and you know what a pain it is then you will like the EEE PC. You give up some capability but you get a very portable laptop that isn't very expensive.
more details